Raising Up Reproductive Justice in Pennsylvania: Interfaith Advocacy in Action
Saturday, October 15, 3:00–6:00 p.m., Main Meeting Room
Reproductive Justice is under attack in our state and across our country. Join us as we bring local legislators, faith leaders, and YOU together for an afternoon of learning, building connections, and action.
3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.: Panel discussions and Q and A.
5:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.: Reception with refreshments and opportunities to connect.
U.S. Representative Mary Gay Scanlon
- State Senator Amanda Cappelletti
- State Representatives Tim Briggs, Kristine Howard, Leanne Krueger, and Melissa Shusterman
- Rev. Dr. Miriam J. Burnett, MD, MPH (Medical Director of the International Health Commission of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, affiliated with Bethel AME Church of Ardmore)
- Rev. Dr. Marvin A. Marsh (former Planned Parenthood Board Chair, Volunteer Chaplain in the PPSP surgical health center, and retired American Baptist pastor)
- Caroline Bright (MLUC Ministerial Intern and Reproductive Choice Clergy Counselor)
The program is free; registration to reserve a seat is highly recommended. Register here.
Co-sponsored by UUJusticePA
*Reproductive Justice, as defined by Sistersong, the National Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective, is the human right to maintain personal bodily autonomy, have children, not have children, and parent the children we have in safe and sustainable communities.