Unitarian Universalist Pennsylvania Legislative Advocacy Network
Latest UUPLAN News
On September 22, we had an exciting Let’s UU the Vote MLUC Zoom Rally where many of us made MLUC on-line pledges to participate in our get-out-the vote activities. MLUC is joining in UU the Vote PA’s efforts to mobilize 1,000 PA UU’s (20% of ... read more.
What a weekend. It’s an all hands on deck moment – from the streets and our neighborhoods to online actions and canvasses – and we need you to join us as we support folks registering and voting safely in ... read more.
UUPLAN is a non-partisan group whose members get involved in the political and legislative process to try to ensure that state legislation is in accordance with Unitarian Universalist Principles. Activities are letter-writing, local media action, rallies, lobbying, and legislative visits.
Now more than ever, it is essential that our UU values influence public policy. To support our commitment to pursuing justice by voting, advocating and making just public policies, Rev. Joan Sabatino has joined the staff of UUPLAN as our new Director of Legislative Affairs. Since September 2019 Rev. Joan:
• Attended meetings with 22 of 202 State Representatives and 6 of 49 State Senators
• Established on-going working relationships with 13 State Representatives and 4 State Senators (our Director of Legislative Affairs can speak with them or their staff at any time)
• Participates in the PA Democracy Partnership with March On Harrisburg, League of Women Voters PA, Common Cause PA and Represent US PA
• Is a member of the Minimum Wage Coalition, the Government Reform Working Group, the Interfaith Justice Coalition and the Anti-Hate Crimes Coalition
• Attended rallies in the Capitol Rotunda for Raising the Minimum Wage, the Climate Crisis and Citizens Against Death by Incarceration (CADBI)
• Continues to lead our UUPLAN Justice Teams as they promote legislation that reflects our values.
We ask that you and the members of your congregations join us during this important year. The suggested fee for individual membership is $40 for the calendar year and includes our monthly e-newsletter and notifications of imminent justice legislation. Your membership enables UUs to do justice work. As you know, democracy is not a spectator sport!
UUPlan newsletters can be found in their archive.
You may join or renew your membership by visiting www.uuplan.org and clicking “Join or Donate.”
For more information about UUPLAN at Main Line Unitarian Church, please contact Gail Burgess.