Position Title: Communication Manager
1 FTE: 40 hours/week, including Sundays 9-1, some evening/weekend events.
Overall Job Responsibilities
The Communication Coordinator provides expertise and support for public communications of upcoming events and program opportunities and is responsible for print and digital communications.
Primary Job Duties
- Creating and managing posts to MLUC social media accounts and target email lists.
- Creating content for a variety of media platforms.
- Write and distribute press releases. Develop relationships with traditional and new media to gain coverage of MLUC ministries and the way they are making a difference in the world.
- Responsible for internal digital communications. Creating, convening, and guiding the work of a Communications & Outreach Team to effectively delegate work.
- Maintaining consistency in branding, messaging, and visuals, in both MLUC’s virtual and physical spaces.
- Coordinate visual and written documentation of ministry activities.
- Participating in and enabling communications of special events.
- Collaborating with staff and lay leaders to provide consistent messaging.
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Strong online editing and production skills.
- Strong social media capabilities
- Website experience. Video editing experience.
- Experience in volunteer-based organization and churches.
- Well organized with good attention to detail.
- Experience in public relations, publicity, or marketing.
Starting Pay: $40,000 with benefits
Reports to: Executive Director
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position as well as a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org