Job Opening: Office Assistant, 30 Hours
Position Title: Office Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
1 FTE: 30 hours/week, including Sundays 9-1, some evenings/weekend events.
Overall Job Responsibilities
Provides general clerical support. Operates office equipment. Activities include preparation and distribution of written/printed materials such as newsletters, Sunday bulletins, and informational materials. Also answers and routes incoming calls, schedules building use. Maintains church membership and mailing lists. Maintains necessary office supplies. Performs ongoing, programmed administrative duties as assigned.
Primary Job Duties
● Provide Front Desk Reception (Sunday Mornings and at least two days per week, one daytime, one evening). Manage volunteer schedule for other times.
● Answers and routes incoming calls
● Manage Front Door and Building HVAC schedule
● Prepares Orders of Service with Notes and Inserts
● Handles Event booking (including Room/Zoom reservations)
● Internal Meetings support (e.g., meal ordering and room details)
● Update Key metrics spreadsheet
● Maintain monthly calendar
● Answer the phone
● Enter hours for Payroll (bi-weekly)
● Maintains necessary office supplies.
● Maintains church membership and mailing lists.
● Prepares and distributes written/printed materials such as newsletters, Sunday bulletins, and sermons.
● Provides administrative support as requested from members of the Executive Team.
● Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
● Computer skills
● Experience in volunteer-based organizations and churches.
● Well organized with good attention to detail.
● Experience in public relations, publicity, or marketing.
Starting Pay: $18/hour with benefits
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position as well as a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org