Unitarian Universalists have many ways of articulating our eight* Principles in simpler language. Here’s the way our Tapestry of Faith children’s programs describe them:
- We believe that each and every person is important.
- We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- We believe in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.
- We believe in building beloved community, free from racism and oppression.*
*MLUC adopted the 8th Principle in May 2022; it has not yet been incorporated in the UUA’s Principles.